Strawberries & Cream Hot Cereal
A hot bowl of cereal in the morning can get the day started right. Sweeten it with fruits, sugar, cream, and other choices.
- 3 3⁄4 c prepared thrive instant milk
- 1⁄2 t thrive iodized salt
- 3⁄4 c thrive germade
- fresh/frozen strawberries or rehydrated thrive freeze dried strawberries (or fruit of any kind)
- optional (according to taste):
- thrive brown sugar
- half & half
- additional thrive instant milk, prepared
* Bring milk and salt just to a boil, stirring frequently to avoid boiling over.
* Gradually add germade, stirring constantly with a wire whisk until well-blended. Return to a boil.
* Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 additional minute or until thickened, stirring frequently.
*Cool slightly and spoon into four cereal bowls, topping each with strawberries and any desired extras.
Note: For thinner cereal, stir in 1-2 tbsp additional milk per serving. For thicker cereal, let germade stand a few extra minutes before serving.