Water Storage Solutions
Water is something many of us take for granted….but we shouldn’t. It is perhaps the most essential element on Earth, and without it we would all cease to exist. And not only do we need water, we need clean water. Because of this, storing and purifying water are essential parts of emergency preparedness. Here are some basic tips on storing and purifying water:
Plastic containers and barrels are best for water storage
2) Water storage containers must be sealed tightly and stored in a cool area
3) Never store water in a container that has previously stored toxic substances
4) Water should be replaced every six months
5) You can improve the taste of stored water by pouring it back and forth between two containers. This will add oxygen to the water and improve its taste.
1) The safest form of purifying water is by boiling it. Make sure it boils for 3-5 minutes. Also, let it cool before drinking.
2) Household bleach is also a great way to kill dangerous bacteria in water. To use this method, add 16 drops of bleach per 1 gallon of water. After bleach is added, let the water stand for at least 30 minutes.
3) There are also several water purification filters and purifiers available for commercial sale. Many of these products can be found by clicking here